Experienced Easton, MD Divorce Attorneys Protect Your Future
Skilled family law counsel for clients in Talbot County and throughout Maryland
When a couple decides to end their marriage, they may be faced with a series of challenges they had not anticipated. Dividing a life can be difficult, after all, and the added emotional burdens can overwhelm even the most resolute couples. At Cynthia H. Clark & Associates, LLC, we understand how you feel. Our experienced Easton divorce attorneys have helped countless clients throughout Talbot County end their marriages with discretion and dignity. We put our more than 30 years of combined experience to work for every client, and utilize our wide network of resources to help you start on your new path as easily as possible.
What we do
Our legal team is intimately familiar with the needs and concerns of Easton families. We offer comprehensive legal counsel to clients in the areas of:
- Divorce. We take a proactive approach to complex, high-asset divorces for traditional, same-sex and military families throughout Talbot County. We handle divorce decree modifications for existing and new clients, and guide clients through each step in the process. You can trust that your documentation will be prepared correctly and submitted in a timely fashion, and that your needs will be actively addressed in negotiations or in a trial setting. Whether you seek an absolutely divorce or a limited divorce, we help you plan for a better future.
- Alimony and support. Cynthia H. Clark & Associates, LLC, has obtained some of the most significant alimony awards in Maryland’s history. Our in-depth knowledge of the law combined with our practical approach has helped us protect the futures of our clients for years. We have successfully represented clients seeking alimony, those seeking an increase in their alimony award, and those seeking a reduction or termination of their alimony obligation.
- Property division. Even the most levelheaded couples can find themselves in heated arguments when it comes to the division of property. Under Maryland law, such divisions must be equitable – but that does not mean they are a 50/50 split. Negotiations can be especially strained when a couple has amassed substantial assets over time, or when there are multiple businesses or retirement funds in play.
- Child support. In Maryland, child support payments are calculated pursuant to a formula. Unlike alimony, which many be determined through a number of different factors, child support looks only at parental incomes and expenditures necessary to help and protect your child.
- Child custody and access. The Court makes custody decisions based on the best interests of the children. If you and your spouse can come to an agreement on your own about custody and visitation, the court may be more inclined to follow that plan provided it is best for the child, however, there are no guarantees. At Cynthia H. Clark & Associates, LLC, our goal is to show the court how your best interests are your child’s best interests, so that the court can decide in your favor with confidence.
We want our clients to feel secure in their choice of our firm. We appreciate that you might have a difficult road ahead of you and that is why we have created a safe space in which you can speak freely about your concerns. Our Easton family lawyers go above and beyond for our clients, handling complex, high-asset divorces with aplomb. When you are ready to take back control of your life and your future, we are here to guide you on your path, and to aggressively protect your interests.
An elite team of divorce lawyers serving clients in Easton and beyond
Getting a divorce is hard; choosing the right team to represent you should not be. Cynthia H. Clark & Associates, LLC, has proudly and successfully represented clients throughout Talbot County as they take their first steps towards a new life. If you are contemplating a divorce or need to modify an existing order, we know what to do to help. To reserve a consultation with a skilled Easton divorce lawyer, please call 410.921.2422 or fill out this contact form.